Thank you for your interest in serving the CFBISD students and staff. We are now able to welcome visitors and volunteers back to our campuses for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year.
The volunteer handbook and the background check steps are currently being revised and will be posted prior to August 1. Please contact Pam Pena, CFBISD Community Relations Coordinator, for additional information or post your questions and concerns on Let’s Talk!
A large contributor to the success of our students and staff has been the support of the community and specifically those who volunteer their time and expertise. Volunteers provide the extra attention so desperately needed to support the high level of educational experiences enjoyed by our students.
Thank you for joining the CFBISD family and thank you for the life-changing investment you are making in tomorrow’s leaders.
To volunteer, attend class parties, chaperone field trips, and other events, please complete the required online background check every school year.
CFBISD uses a communication tool called ParentSquare. You will receive information, notifications and the background check application through ParentSquare.
For CFBISD Parents/Guardians
Background checks for parents and guardians should be completed through your existing Parent Square account by following the steps below.
- Log in to your ParentSquare account on a computer or the native mobile app (must download and install): parentsquare.com/signin
- Expand PARTICIPATE on the navigation menu
- Select BACKGROUND CHECK and complete the application.
You will receive an email notification showing your background check status. It could take 3-5 business days to process the background check.
For All Other Volunteers/Mentors:
Non-parent/guardian volunteers who do not have a Parent Square account must take an extra step to complete the background check form. Background check applications are available in Parent Square. Follow the steps below to complete the process.
- Create a ParentSquare account:
https://cfbisd.edu/community/volunteer/parentsquare-volunteer-sign-upYou will receive an invitation email from ParentSquare to activate your account. Please allow 1-2 business days to receive the invitation via your email.
Please make note of your username and password so that you can go back to check your status.
- Log in to your ParentSquare account on a computer or the native mobile app (must download and install):
- Expand PARTICIPATE on the navigation menu, select BACKGROUND CHECK and complete the application.
- You will receive an email notification showing your background check status. It could take 3-5 business days to process the background check.
Applications should be submitted at least one week prior to volunteering.
Please send all questions via email to Pam Pena at email@example.com.